Monday, January 12, 2015

How I See It

My view on this whole thing is that I completely do not agree with the ways we, women are being treated. I have personally witnessed any discrimination of women itself. I only witnessed disrespect and bad treating, which was already unpleasant to see. I think all these things that I read during my research are simply messed up. Some say, it is more of a history thing and that it goes for years, so it
 is not going to change so easily. But, I feel like we are far away from history, so majority of the bad thing that are happening against women should change. People always say it is a new age and nothing is like it used to be and we are not doing anything to change the old ways in this area. Mature countries are slowly changing their attitude for this case, for instance by having women at the same work positions as men. However there are still gaps. Women do not get paid the same and do not get treated the same as men do. Men are always suppose to be stronger, more independent and able to work better than women. The big problem we are witnessing is that it just has always been this way and it is not going to change as easily as we wish. If women are suppose to be completely free, without any commitment towards men, it will take a very long time to approach this. How women are committed to men we can see almost in every day life. While men are financially responsible and are suppose to provide goods to their families, women have to stay home and take care of children and households. This is always the way we are portrayed in media. Even advertisements on TV are basically showing us the same thing. Men would always promote TV's, cars or whatever is related to the expensive, modern items, while women will claim to show cleaning resources, vacuum cleaners or washing machines. In my opinion, this whole thing is ridiculous. I am pretty positive that every women feels the same way as I do. Every time I read or hear about something what happened to women around the world I get angry. The worst thing about this whole issue is, that we cannot change what is happening. There are organisations who are protecting women's right and try to help them in their hard situations, but it is not enough. We can only imagine how much domestic violence is going on right this second, and we cannot do a thing about it. I am very interested in this area, and always been. I am sure that if I will have a chance someday I will be a part of some organisation what helps women in their situations. I state that women should be loved and appreciated. Women are a reason why we all are here, and we cannot forget that. It is sad that men have troubles of understanding this fact and are struggling with themselves to do such nasty things to make themselves more important. This is the problem we should pay attention to more for sure and try our best to change the situation around the world.

2 comments:

  1. The author provides a good example of the way women can be discriminated. Even though we live in 21st century,, the positioning of the women is still behind the men´s position, ok there can be appearance of some exceptions where woman is located in the higher working position. The women´s discrimination is closely connected with their objectification and stereotyping in today's society. I think that the way media presents Women will not change if they use the stereotypical picture of their position in society, always behind the men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though, I do not feel myself discriminated, I see the issue and I really appreciate Barbara's work. Women should have all the same social rights as men have.
    But why do you think that we cannot change what is happening?
    I am pretty sure that there are a lot of ways how women can change attitude towards them. We just have to fight and stop suffering, keeping silence, don't we?

    ReplyDelete